Komandoo Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komandoo Island

Unofficial forum for discussion of Komandoo Island Resort

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Komandoo Island ?

Go down 
+8
Billy
BOB.G
Funky Chunky
maldives diver
Donna
JoanaAndPedro
Mick
Admin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Why Komandoo Island ? Empty
PostSubject: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:09 am

Okay I will kick off the first question on the forum.

What made you pick Komandoo over any other island Question

Admin
Back to top Go down
https://komandoo.rpg-board.net
Mick

Mick

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:39 am

Admin wrote:
Okay I will kick off the first question on the forum.

What made you pick Komandoo over any other island Question

Admin

We look at a few other Islands, but the lady in the travel agent had visited and sang its praises so much. we thought go for it.

mick
Back to top Go down
JoanaAndPedro

JoanaAndPedro

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 pm

We were aiming our sights at Meero, thankfully it was fully booked and our agent suggested Komandoo, took one look at it on the site, read a couple of posts on tripadvisor and just KNEW we'de be better of...
...we where right.
Back to top Go down
Donna

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 4:59 am

JoanaAndPedro wrote:
We were aiming our sights at Meero, thankfully it was fully booked and our agent suggested Komandoo, took one look at it on the site, read a couple of posts on tripadvisor and just KNEW we'de be better of...
...we where right.

We are looking to book either Komandoo or Meeru Island Resort, you say meeru was thankfully fully booked, was there something wrong with Meeru or have you falling in love with Komandoo ?

Donna x
Back to top Go down
maldives diver

maldives diver

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 6:48 am

We looked at a few Islands and liked the look of how small it was, we live in a city and want the opposite = complete quiet & no walking

M D
Back to top Go down
JoanaAndPedro

JoanaAndPedro

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 am

We loved Komandoo cause it's much smaller and quieter...the "no kids" is also a big bonus! It's a very nice place for couples
Back to top Go down
Funky Chunky

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 11:57 am

JoanaAndPedro wrote:
...the "no kids" is also a big bonus!

Yessssss so to confirm, no children allowed on the Island cheers

Flo
Back to top Go down
BOB.G

BOB.G

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:53 am

hi folks we have been to several maldivian islands and we definitely prefer the smaller islands as they tend to be quieter with a slower pace of life and Komandoo certainly fitted the bill for us!BOB.G
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 am

Personally I don’t feel the need to compare Komandoo with others like Kuredu or Meeru.

Large and small islands have a different feel and are all pros and cons. That said I have Komandoo on my list.

We had a great time on Lily Beach but there was some negatives that come with small islands.
Back to top Go down
BOB.G

BOB.G

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 am

Hi I agree with Billy's comments about pro's and con's with both small and large Islands but as I am getting older I have to say I prefer the smaller islands.BOB.G
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 am

Billy wrote:
Personally I don’t feel the need to compare Komandoo with others like Kuredu or Meeru.

Large and small islands have a different feel and are all pros and cons. That said I have Komandoo on my list.

We had a great time on Lily Beach but there was some negatives that come with small islands.

We also had a great time at Lilly Beach, been there twice. But must say the big plus for us about Komandoo is no young children. Having watched our two grow and leave home, it's nice to sit on holiday without kids running around. Looking to plan our 5th trip to Komandoo cheers

I agree with Billy and Bob.G big Islands have things going for them as do small Islands. Give me small every time.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:36 am

Each to their own Bob & Richard. I just think its good to remind people that it is not really about better in most cases. More different.

Meeru has lots of different bars and addition restaurants. Lily beach had two bars and one restaurant.

I understand about the children bit. Both Meeru and Kuredu had adult only dinning which the wife and I picked.

That’s why I am a big fan of these forums.
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 am

Just wanted to add. Had I been going on my honeymoon I may well have made Komandoo my first choice.

I was told by a couple on the Britt trip that the snorkelling is very good.

Is that true?
Back to top Go down
BOB.G

BOB.G

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 3:54 am

Hi Billy I have to agree with Richard on this we do like peace and quiet so no kids is a definite bonus for us!The snorkelling is very good and boat trips from kuredu anchored off the reef on the east side of the island fairly regularly.BOB.G
Back to top Go down
Alfie

Alfie

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 2:37 am

Having previously visited Sun Island, I must say I was wondering what it would be like to stay on a smaller island. Well, I need not have been too concerned as Komandoo was just wonderful. Everything about the island was just right. From the house reef to the delicious food and the good service in the restaurant. I visited earlier on this month so will post a trip report with some pictures.

This place is certainly for those who really want to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle, but needless to say you have to be prepared for the downturn in pace as soon as you arrive!
Back to top Go down
casper

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 6:26 am

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:57 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to add. Had I been going on my honeymoon I may well have made Komandoo my first choice.

I was told by a couple on the Britt trip that the snorkelling is very good.
Billy,
what is was the 'britt trip' thanks
Back to top Go down
JoanaAndPedro

JoanaAndPedro

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:04 am

The Britt is a sailing ship that comes to Komandoo every week, for 125$ you can spend a whole day cruising the atol with Captain Ibrahim his crew and up to about 14 people, you get to see loads of dolphins and make some three stops to snorkel. It's very nice and for us it was totally worth the price.... We definitely recommend it! There's another cruise on another ship but we didn't take it.
Back to top Go down
Billy

Billy

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:23 am

casper

As above.

There is also a wreck you snorkel at. Also swam with Manta Rays on the trip. One of our best days ever. Wink
Back to top Go down
Babsie

PostSubject: Why Komandoo Island?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:49 pm

NO CHILDREN! Absolute peace and quiet. Brilliant house reef for snorkelling on your doorstep. Even when the island is fully booked it never appears busy. Great staff. Great food. Rosa and Josep who run the Prodivers Dive base are wonderful. We have stayed in all 3 types of room - Water Villa, Jacuzzi Beach Villa, and Beach Villa, and they are all fab. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Komandoo Island ?   Why Komandoo Island ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Komandoo Island ?
Page 1 of 1