Komandoo Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Komandoo Island

Unofficial forum for discussion of Komandoo Island Resort

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hotel in Male

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carthew

carthew

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:52 am

Our booking for next February for our return visit is coming together. We are taking friends along to show them the wonderful resort. We are planning to stay in Male to be able to refresh the first day we arrive before going on to Komandoo the next day so we can enjoy the seaplane transfer and make the most of every minute of our two week stay at the resort. Can anyone please suggest/recommend a hotel for us to make reservations in Male? We will have two nights back there before we fly home to the UK so will need accommodation then too. Many thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:41 am

Jen

The only advise I can offer to you is a hotel for the evening you arrive. The Hulhule Island Hotel is located on the airport Island, so makes perfect sense to use that night. There are transfer buses from the terminal to/from the hotel, about a 2 min trip to be honest. Better than having to take a ferry to Male with all your suitcases etc. We used it on one visit on a 'day room' basis, as we had a night flight back.

We have never visited Male, so can offer no options for you there I'm affraid. Just have two extra days at Komandoo I say sunny

Richard
Back to top Go down
mercuri

mercuri

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm

our flight reaches late at nite, As students we used to rough it out in the airport and wait for the next flight which in this case is in the morning. so my wife proposes we rekindle our university days.

i wonder if there is a waiting area in the male airport where we can rest for 6 hours before boarding the next flight to komandoo? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:19 am

Mercuri

Facilities at arrivals are very basic. Housed in basically one large area is firstly border control, onto baggage reclaim and finally customs. Pass through a door and your on the street outside. There are tables and chairs by the shop/snack outlets. Other benches in the transfer bus area. Both areas are covered but open sided. The benches in the bus area are metal and not padded.

So how much 'Roughing it' can you take. It wouldn't be the best six hours of your life for sure and there is no way I would even think about it. But my days of 'roughing it' are many years in the past Laughing

Richard
Back to top Go down
mercuri

mercuri

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:32 am

Richard wrote:
Mercuri

Facilities at arrivals are very basic. Housed in basically one large area is firstly border control, onto baggage reclaim and finally customs. Pass through a door and your on the street outside. There are tables and chairs by the shop/snack outlets. Other benches in the transfer bus area. Both areas are covered but open sided. The benches in the bus area are metal and not padded.

So how much 'Roughing it' can you take. It wouldn't be the best six hours of your life for sure and there is no way I would even think about it. But my days of 'roughing it' are many years in the past Laughing

Richard

hehe, used to rough it out everything i travel to my university in India and at that time ( early 90's) Madras was really backward.

My wife wanted to experience the same during my varsity days, so I have to obliged.

I wonder if it's 'safe'? is there any safety issues if we bunk it out in the airport?
Back to top Go down
carthew

carthew

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:46 am

A bit long in the tooth now to 'rough' it in an airport if not absolutely necessary so we have decided to take my little brother's advice (Richard) and we have now decided to stay in the Hulhule hotel for the first night - I want to be fresh to enjoy the sea taxi the next day and maximise the experience. I loved it the first time we went but I was feeling rather jaded and very hot and bothered in my flying clothes. I will report back on our return so that others may read our views of that hotel.

And we have added a further two nights to our stay at Komandoo rather than explore Male. It seemed the best option as there was little choice of hotels in Male and we would be bound to compare them to the facilities at Komandoo.

Now all we have to do is wait for next February to come along!
Back to top Go down
Richard

Richard

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:03 am

carthew wrote:
A bit long in the tooth now to 'rough' it in an airport if not absolutely necessary so we have decided to take my little brother's advice (Richard) and we have now decided to stay in the Hulhule hotel for the first night - I want to be fresh to enjoy the sea taxi the next day and maximise the experience. I loved it the first time we went but I was feeling rather jaded and very hot and bothered in my flying clothes. I will report back on our return so that others may read our views of that hotel.

And we have added a further two nights to our stay at Komandoo rather than explore Male. It seemed the best option as there was little choice of hotels in Male and we would be bound to compare them to the facilities at Komandoo.

Now all we have to do is wait for next February to come along!

Mmm, you kept that quiet sis. But all I can say is 'Good Move' From the time you told me of your plans to spend two days in Male I thought you were mad to be honest. Guess you could spend the day prior to a late flight there but thats it.

Don't go asking for 'half turtles on your T-Shirts' because you have gone over standard weeks now will you lol!

Carthews Little Bruv Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hotel in Male Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotel in Male   Hotel in Male I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotel in Male
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Komandoo Island :: General Komandoo Discussion-
Jump to: